Find us on Facebook
New technologies continue to change the world in which we live, and they also provide many new and positive educational benefits for classroom instruction.
e-learning provides the following positive impacts:
- Improved motivation and engagement
- Greater independence and personalised learning
- Improved critical thinking
- Greater access to information, resources and experts
- Greater opportunities for collaboration and creation
It is pleasing to note that these positive impacts align with our school goals:
- To prepare our students to live and work successfully in the 21st Century
- To promote competency in and enthusiasm for Literacy and Numeracy
- To promote the importance of physical, social and emotional well-being
- To develop an understanding of the world and promote a commitment to our roles and responsibilities within it
- To provide opportunities for critical and creative thinking and the development of problem solving skills
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an integral component of all learning areas with the development and enhancement of the Inquiry and Problem Solving learning process a key focus.
All classrooms are equipped with data projectors and other technologies are available for students including pods of chromebooks, netbooks, desktop computers, digital cameras and digital video cameras.
Google Apps for Education
We use Google Apps for Education as a tool for our online learning. This online learning platform provides a wealth of opportunities for students and teachers to interact online daily, in a safe, password protected environment.
- Teachers plan learning opportunities directly into this online environment
- Teachers interact with students online and give students feedback on their learning
- Students access and complete learning online at school and at home.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Fergusson Intermediate has a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy. We encourage students to bring their own device to school for the purpose of learning. Fergusson Intermediate continues to find ways to integrate digital technologies into teaching and learning and BYOD assists us to enable anytime, anywhere access to enhance teaching, learning, collaboration and communication.
Our BYOD initiative is not compulsory for students but gives those that bring the advantage of using a familiar, known device at home and at school. Fergusson Intermediate is committed to providing access to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to all students on a shared basis.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Time of Use
All BYOD devices will be on our student wireless network. The network for students will open at 8.30am and close at 3pm daily, Monday – Friday.
Any device brought to school should be fully charged. We actively discourage charging at school to limit the potential danger of tripping on cables.